Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tattling vs. Reporting

 This past weekend, I spent an immense amount of time of Pinterest.  I would like to thank all those teachers out there who are willing to share their great ideas.  One idea that I saw over and over again was a T-chart showing the differences between tattling and reporting.  This year in our pod, an epidemic of tattling has exploded.  To help combat this problem, my teaching partner and I did a quick lesson with all our students going over the differences of tattling and reporting.  We then created a poster to display in the class to help as a reminder to our students.  Next to the poster we also posted a picture of "Tom" (a free hand creation of mine).  Tom tells our students to tattle to him and not the teacher.  He tells them to think before they tell the teacher.  Hopefully having "Tom" to tattle to will help alleviate this tattling epidemic.  I will keep you all posted to see if it helps.

No comments: